I cringe at that word. Meme. Mostly because I don't know how to pronounce it. Surely it's not 'me-me'. Maybe it's 'mehm'? Well, miss Lotta from Mom O Matic tagged me to "Think back on the last 15 years of your life. How would you summarize your life in just 10 bullet points." And miss Lotta's one of the popular girls, so I'll play along. ;-) (And I can't help it that they're not strict bullet points. I'm just a parenthetically speaking kinda gal!)
We begin at age 35. The list is pretty much chronological.
1. I lived for a year with a guy who had a PhD, a porsche in the driveway, a pool out back of the lovely home he bought for me and my girls and lots of money in the bank. I've never been so miserable in my life. Lesson learned; money doesn't buy happiness.
2. I was a Nursing Home Administrator.
3. I bought a home by myself before the age of 40. (I'm still in it today.)
4. I got fired from previously mentioned big$$ job after 4 years for no apparent reason.
5. Six years later I wrote a thank you letter to the man who fired me. (EVERYTHING happens for a reason. He made the life I live today possible).
6. I married John to everyone's surprise at his 50th birthday party.
7. My artwork got published. Several times.
8. I quit smoking. For good.
9. I lost twenty pounds with the help of Weight Watchers. Then I gained 40 with no help at all.
10. I got a grandchild and learned how much love my heart can actually hold. Then I got two more. And we're still counting. :-)
Now I'm supposed to tag five people and pass it on. I'll pick my old friend Barbara because as long as I've known her, I think I could learn a thing or two (or three!) there. Kathi D because as much as she shares (boundary issues!) I still think there's more. Sweet & silly Doe because I still feel I know nothing about her. (except that Blythe dolls are her new all-consuming crack). Sharon 'cause she probably needs an additional challenge while orchestrating a cupcake themed swap for 50 strangers. :-) And my old friend Sue, because I already know she is very interesting but I want the rest of you to find out, too.