I had a pretty good idea for a tutorial to post at the Moda Bake Shop. It will be up on the site tomorrow morning. The idea was for a beaded window covering. The only window I could think to use it on in my house was my bathroom. So I ordered the fabric and then set about making it. I was pretty pleased with how the idea came to fruition, but I have to admit it is just too busy for my particular bathroom. Here is how the bathroom normally looks.
I got all clever with scrapbooking papers a couple of years ago and I still like it. Unfortunately, adding the window beads just made it way too busy. Here they are--
So, they had to come down. :-(
Anyone out there have a window in a pink and brown room where they might could use these? The current dimensions are 37.5 x 40. They can be widened by 4.5 inches, made narrower by however much you need, and can also be shortened. Leave me a comment here if you think you can use them. I still like the idea...I just shouldn't have tried to make it happen in that particular room! I was sitting out at grandson's b-ball practice earlier thinking up quilt ideas for these strips combined with the charm pack I have so I'm going to withdraw my offer to give it away. I know--how rude! Sorry.
Now that I've seen Des's sneaky peek, and all the photos found via a Flickr search I'm all ga-ga for vintage sheets this week. I had already bought a few, because I just really do love their vintage appeal, but I didn't really 'get' until I saw Des's pics how much I'd like them in little snippets like that. I missed a HUGE swap at Oh, Fransson! last summer. WOWEE on the work it must've taken Elizabeth to pull that off! Here's the group of 13 fat quarters that I've been cutting today.
The front left three are actually vintage yardage, but they feel kind of like cotton sheets to me and I think they go nicely with the group. If you have some vintage sheet pieces that you'd like to do a one to one swap with send me a photo and maybe we can work something out.